Can someone shed some light on why I am getting entered into the A group when I am only a D group rider in relation to my W/KG which I am averaging below 2 W/KG. This has happened on all races I have entered these are :-
ZRG Winter Evening Series on 8th Jan 2019 @19.20 GMT.
The Chop on 15th Jan 2019 @ 19 05 GMT.
Many thanks
Jonnbav wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:02 pm
Can someone shed some light on why I am getting entered into the A group when I am only a D group rider in relation to my W/KG which I am averaging below 2 W/KG. This has happened on all races I have entered these are :-
ZRG Winter Evening Series on 8th Jan 2019 @19.20 GMT.
The Chop on 15th Jan 2019 @ 19 05 GMT.
Many thanks
You enter the category of your choosing.

ZwiftPower just takes the information from Zwift.

Are you using the Companion App to enter?
Hi yes I think I did use the companion app. Why is that ?
Is it true that if you are using IOS you have to register for the event and then un-register and then re-enter and so-on... until you are entered into the correct class. I am using Android so I take it this is probably similar.
Jonnbav wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 pm
Hi yes I think I did use the companion app. Why is that ?
Is it true that if you are using IOS you have to register for the event and then un-register and then re-enter and so-on... until you are entered into the correct class. I am using Android so I take it this is probably similar.
I have no experience with using iOS or android for zwift.

There should be no need to unregister at any time.

I mentioned Companion App as it can be easy to enter wrong category by mistake as buttons are small.
I entered another race yesterday through zwift Android app ,not the companion app and I had been placed in the A class group, so I unregistered and re-registered twice but again I was placed in the A class group.
So again I had a lonely race of 30km with no drafting which makes it a much harder ride and definitely not as enjoyable and not what Zwift is all about ,I am seriously thinking about terminating my subscription as a result of all the goings on.
I just wish there was a much more direct and professional customer service available from Zwift as it's very frustrating not being able to make contact with someone that can help, instead I have to come here for assistance, even though Zwift subscriptions amount to millions of dollars every month.
All I want to do is enjoy Zwift as I should be is it too much to ask.?
Jonnbav wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:34 pm
I entered another race yesterday through zwift Android app ,not the companion app and I had been placed in the A class group, so I unregistered and re-registered twice but again I was placed in the A class group.
So again I had a lonely race of 30km with no drafting which makes it a much harder ride and definitely not as enjoyable and not what Zwift is all about ,I am seriously thinking about terminating my subscription as a result of all the goings on.
I just wish there was a much more direct and professional customer service available from Zwift as it's very frustrating not being able to make contact with someone that can help, instead I have to come here for assistance, even though Zwift subscriptions amount to millions of dollars every month.
All I want to do is enjoy Zwift as I should be is it too much to ask.?
I've completed 673 events and not put myself in the wrong category once, although I have never tried to join an event in-game.
To be clear no one puts you in a category; you have to do that yourself. I can only assume that when you see the invitation to 'Join' an event you are clicking 'Join' instead of the Cat D icon nearby.
Alternatively, try joining an event from the zwiftpower events page. Open the event you are interested in then click 'Join Event; it will then open a page where it will list the categories available. On the first occasion you may need to log in to your zwift account.
Thanks Sticky but apparently I have to register them unregistered and re register and so on until I reach the category I want to join. As when you join an event you start off as an A category, this has been confirmed to me by Zwift customer service. I will try this this week hopefully it will work. I did hear about this for IOS so I think the same must apply for android. Will post back after this week.
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019, 12:19 Zwift Support Team <support@zwift.com wrote:
Hey John!

Thanks for writing into Zwift!

It sounds like you don't quite understand how to get into the proper category. To get into the right category you will need to sign up for the event and cancel and sign up and cancel until in the category. Meaning if you sign up 4 times and cancel 3 times then you will be in category D, if there is only 3 categories you will be in category 1.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Ride On!

James K.
Member Experience Agent
This is the email I received from the agent.
Jonnbav wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:10 pm
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019, 12:19 Zwift Support Team <support@zwift.com wrote:
Hey John!

Thanks for writing into Zwift!

It sounds like you don't quite understand how to get into the proper category. To get into the right category you will need to sign up for the event and cancel and sign up and cancel until in the category. Meaning if you sign up 4 times and cancel 3 times then you will be in category D, if there is only 3 categories you will be in category 1.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Ride On!

James K.
Member Experience Agent
This is the email I received from the agent.
Wow just wow!
Maybe that is a quirk with android in game.

Try signing up for an event from the listings in ZwiftPower.
Ok I'll give that a go too , I'll try anything see if it works.