Hi,
I noticed the person in the race in the placing after me in Category D had 2.8w/kg and was awarded points for their placing. I'm sorry, but I think that's unfair to the person who finished 3rd and didn't get points as they were under the 2.5w/kg D limit. Could someone have a look at this? https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=215536

Thanks,
R
Rules have been properly applied.

https://zwiftpower.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 732#p12732
Rules say a person can be .2 over the limit but this is .3. What kind of rule is that? Why make a limit when it’s really only sort of a limit. Isn’t that a bit loose? For riders who are just starting in Zwift maybe get the race organizers to say in the description D limit it up to 2.5 but sometimes it’s more depending on how we feel that day. Lol
embertr@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:59 pm
Rules say a person can be .2 over the limit but this is .3. What kind of rule is that? Why make a limit when it’s really only sort of a limit. Isn’t that a bit loose? For riders who are just starting in Zwift maybe get the race organizers to say in the description D limit it up to 2.5 but sometimes it’s more depending on how we feel that day. Lol
He was 2.681w/kg for 95% of 20mins; his average w/kg is irrelevant as stated in the sticky thread.

The rule is necessary because Zwiftpower's WKG Category system uses the average of your best 3 race efforts for categorisation.

If we DQ'd everyone over a strict limit - say 2.5 w/kg for Cat D - we would have riders entering their correct category, possibly getting DQ'd yet still remain a Cat D. That is not something we would be comfortable with on a frequent basis.

We don't want to DQ riders; we want to minimise sandbaggers and get people in their right category at the outset, without them fearing they may go over cat limits.

Also, this flexibility takes account of short races where riders are more likely to put out higher numbers for 20 mins; or just put in an incredible performance above their normal level.

You will notice the guy has been upgraded to Cat C post race, so system is working as intended.
Okay, so if the individual was racing above limit and was moved to C category, then shouldn't that indicate they should have been filtered within the event as well and upgraded to C group within the event standings? Sorry for going on about this but it's apparently not as clear cut as one would assume.
embertr@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:36 pm
Okay, so if the individual was racing above limit and was moved to C category, then shouldn't that indicate they should have been filtered within the event as well and upgraded to C group within the event standings? Sorry for going on about this but it's apparently not as clear cut as one would assume.
No; the system is working as intended as detailed in the sticky post.