Questions, banter and general discussion.
Because the people at Zwiftpower don’t want to pay for the data costs and waste their time considering every individuals solo efforts.

Therefore it’s assumed people save their best efforts for racing, so they are closer to their maximum outputs.

Why should an automated process look at mediocre efforts or people answer queries around non taxing events?
Fozzzer wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:38 pm
Because the people at Zwiftpower don’t want to pay for the data costs and waste their time considering every individuals solo efforts.

Therefore it’s assumed people save their best efforts for racing, so they are closer to their maximum outputs.

Why should an automated process look at mediocre efforts or people answer queries around non taxing events?
Hmmm all my group rides are visible within ZP, for example all Tour de Zwift stages.
I still don't see any reason why to make this difference between the type of events. For the calculation of your best 95% over 20 minutes it should not matter whether it was within a race or any group ride.
Alexander Perdon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:15 am
I still don't see any reason why to make this difference between the type of events. For the calculation of your best 95% over 20 minutes it should not matter whether it was within a race or any group ride.
I noticed that this question is not answered yet and I still have no clue. Is it possible to explain this choice?
Alexander Perdon wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:28 pm
Alexander Perdon wrote:
I noticed that this question is not answered yet and I still have no clue. Is it possible to explain this choice?
I would think it's a lot of extra bandwidth for not much gain.

Most group rides are sub 2.5 / 3 w/kg. How many people are going to hit power PBs in these?
Matt Robinson wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:04 pm
Alexander Perdon wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:28 pm
Alexander Perdon wrote:
I would think it's a lot of extra bandwidth for not much gain.

Most group rides are sub 2.5 / 3 w/kg. How many people are going to hit power PBs in these?
The data is already inside ZP... Look for example at my profile.

The key is that Zwift considers some events as group rides while a lot of riders (like me) take them as races, for example the Stages during Tour de Zwift etc.

Anyway, the data is already inside ZP. It is just a matter of changing the filter for the algorithm.
Categorisation is inextricably linked to racing. You don't need a racing category to enter a group ride or a fondo or zwift tour. We also have many riders who only do group rides or tour type events that are not classified as races, so a change like this would assign them a racing category they don't need or use.

For the others that race more often I don't see any benefit to changing the code. The move to 90 days of racing data for categorisation is sufficient to assign an appropriate racing category .
uclown2002 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:30 pm
Categorisation is inextricably linked to racing. You don't need a racing category to enter a group ride or a fondo or zwift tour. We also have many riders who only do group rides or tour type events that are not classified as races, so a change like this would assign them a racing category they don't need or use.

For the others that race more often I don't see any benefit to changing the code. The move to 90 days of racing data for categorisation is sufficient to assign an appropriate racing category .
I agree for the first sentence, but only if it is career based categorisation.

I am quite sure that for most riders on Zwift and ZP it doesn't matter that much what kind of event they join if it comes to their best 20 minutes. And for certain events, for example Fondo's and Stages with long climbs, you will notice that some riders will get far more close to their best scores.

Just take my rides as an example and I am quite sure I am not that much different from an average Zwift user who just happen to ride some stages/fondo's and some races.

For climbers like me who really depend on rhythm during a climb it would really help if they would be more races available with longer climbs.