The recent October update has introduced higher rolling resistance on dirt roads, but only for users who have updated to the latest Zwift app version. Riders running an older app version gain a significant advantage. This is creating crazy results on the Jungle course, as an example.

I don't know if Zwift are planning any fixes to this feature. I have contacted them and they indicate it is intentional.

Assuming the worst, do you have a way of identifying these out-of-date clients applications?

Thanks
bhiggins107 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:21 pm
The recent October update has introduced higher rolling resistance on dirt roads, but only for users who have updated to the latest Zwift app version. Riders running an older app version gain a significant advantage. This is creating crazy results on the Jungle course, as an example.

I don't know if Zwift are planning any fixes to this feature. I have contacted them and they indicate it is intentional.

Assuming the worst, do you have a way of identifying these out-of-date clients applications?

Thanks
Not directly no.
It’s a real pain. I’m just avoiding races that include the jungle circuit until it’s fixed.
I entered a jungle race pushed hard, not aware that I didn’t have the latest update and won it by a smallish margin. I was consequently DQ’d. It will take time for everyone to get up to date, but in the mean time it won’t be a level playing field which is frustrating for all.