I get that you're judged and ranked against the other riders around you. Based upon your finishing position compared to other riders etc.

But i'm seeing many many races where i seem to end up getting no points... .(This is assuming i'm reading things correctly on my profile page and the blanks on the right hand side are 0 ranking point races)

Yesterday i won my Cat and did OK overall with 13th/30 overall in Zwiftpower, we had a lot more in the race though, which is another discussion kinda.

events.php?zid=177349

So lets assume i want to rise up in the Racing Rankings, as opposed to yesterday where my win took me from 81st to 83rd LOL.

What do i need to do ? is it a higher finish position compared to A/B/C/D riders ? A higher position in C ? Ride only in bigger races with say 100+ riders and do well ? or enter races with guys who are higher up the rankings in C than me ?

I'm still trying to get myself into B, but that's proving hard so i'm just battling along in C and fighting to the best of my ability :)
You don't say whether you have read the FAQs.

rankings.php

In general USAC summarizes the ranking system as follows; “to improve ranking, a rider must beat riders who are currently ranked stronger.”

Small, weak fields will not cut it. Look for larger fields and beat some stronger guys.
I'd not seen them no.

Makes it tough though potentially, not necessarily the beating of the others, but actually finding them in the first place. I'd need a friends list of about 200 to find people who are above me etc. I'll happily give a race to anyone in C as per last week or so taking on (and losing badly) to Bath Salts... but times, schedules etc make it tough to get the right races then. Especially with things like the TDZ taking up many riders.
weeksy59@hotmail.com wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:11 pm
I'd not seen them no.

Makes it tough though potentially, not necessarily the beating of the others, but actually finding them in the first place. I'd need a friends list of about 200 to find people who are above me etc. I'll happily give a race to anyone in C as per last week or so taking on (and losing badly) to Bath Salts... but times, schedules etc make it tough to get the right races then. Especially with things like the TDZ taking up many riders.
On the event signup tab ranking points are displayed for your competitors so you may find it useful to use that feature.
uclown2002 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:14 pm
weeksy59@hotmail.com wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:11 pm
I'd not seen them no.

On the event signup tab ranking points are displayed for your competitors so you may find it useful to use that feature.
Excellent.. that's useful... Looking using that i just saw for example the 14:15 (UK time) race that shows them, but sadly only 1 rider i could have raced who's above me.

Tricky one though.... but thanks for the info. I'm sure it will help others too.
Take a look at Kyle Cox (profile.php?z=55406). He is actual 3rd in C category, but races in cat B (and wins!?).
There are many points to get against some Bs.

Getting points in cat C you habe to race against top 10 of C. Last months they could be found on WTRL races on saturday 13:45h. But it is time for most to ride IRL. Racing points last 90 days, right? So just wait.
Points are based on the level of the peloton.

If you're finishing high in a peloton with riders with a lot of points, you'll get more points and winning races with riders with few points, makes no sense for the ranking. :)

If it's important those points, best check a bit at forehand the signed-up riders to get an idea. If it's a race with just 5 riders of who 3 have 600, than it won't bring you any good for your ranking.
So, racing A’s and beating them(podium or not) would help my ranking as a B? I run into this problem also that my time on the bike doesn’t allow me to get into some of the bigger races. But if racing A’s helps my B ranking then that’s something I would like to explore.
robm95@gmail.com wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:41 pm
So, racing A’s and beating them(podium or not) would help my ranking as a B? I run into this problem also that my time on the bike doesn’t allow me to get into some of the bigger races. But if racing A’s helps my B ranking then that’s something I would like to explore.
If those As have a better ranking then yes. But regardless the Race Quality element is certainly going to be higher (if sufficient finishers) which increases your chances of scoring better.