Hello,

I am wondering if there is any chance to have my WKG qualification removed and instead be placed back in the results for the D Category.

That was my first ZHR Hare & Hounds race on Zwift. I had asked the members of the ZHR Facebook group which category I should join, as I was a borderline D/C rider. I was instructed to join the category that I was registered on in Zwift Power, which I did and was Category D at the time.

I finished the race with another group of 6 Category D riders. 4 of them were not on Zwift Power. The other 2 finished 2nd and 3rd, behind me as they did not sprint at the end. I am hoping to have this WKG removed as I registered where I was instructed to do so; I just happen to have my best day on Zwift. I credit that to the group race structure of this particular event - it really pushed me to stay with the other leading 6 Category D riders.

Since I am Category C now, I will of course be registering as a C rider for any other events. It would just be nice to commemorate my accomplishment by seeing my 1st place finish rather than a WKG.

Thanks for your consideration,
Matt
Matt Law wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:53 am
Hello,

I am wondering if there is any chance to have my WKG qualification removed and instead be placed back in the results for the D Category.

That was my first ZHR Hare & Hounds race on Zwift. I had asked the members of the ZHR Facebook group which category I should join, as I was a borderline D/C rider. I was instructed to join the category that I was registered on in Zwift Power, which I did and was Category D at the time.

I finished the race with another group of 6 Category D riders. 4 of them were not on Zwift Power. The other 2 finished 2nd and 3rd, behind me as they did not sprint at the end. I am hoping to have this WKG removed as I registered where I was instructed to do so; I just happen to have my best day on Zwift. I credit that to the group race structure of this particular event - it really pushed me to stay with the other leading 6 Category D riders.

Since I am Category C now, I will of course be registering as a C rider for any other events. It would just be nice to commemorate my accomplishment by seeing my 1st place finish rather than a WKG.

Thanks for your consideration,
Matt
This is for the race organiser to consider.

However, ZwiftPower has built in a little wiggle room to allow riders to remain in results if they go over cat limits by up to 0.2 w/kg IF they entered the correct category and have not yet been upgraded by ZP. In your case, you produced an FTP of ~2.77 w/kg which is well over that tolerance.
uclown2002 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 am
This is for the race organiser to consider.

However, ZwiftPower has built in a little wiggle room to allow riders to remain in results if they go over cat limits by up to 0.2 w/kg IF they entered the correct category and have not yet been upgraded by ZP. In your case, you produced an FTP of ~2.77 w/kg which is well over that tolerance.
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I realize that I was well over the maximum allowed W/KG for the race. That said, I had asked about this on the ZHR Facebook group page before the race. I explained that I was getting better, was at borderline category D / C. I was instructed to enter the category that I was listed on in Zwift Power (which was D). I had the best result on Zwift that day - I am not sure why, it just happened. Had I known I was going to shatter my old highest W/KG of ~2.55, then I'd have entered as a C. But ZHR moderators have not responded to me here or on the Facebook page. I just wanted to state that I wasn't trying to cheat or gain an unfair advantage - only did as instructed.