UPG

Hello,

What does UPG stand for in my race results.

Thanks Simon.
Piddle wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 pm
Hello,

What does UPG stand for in my race results.

Thanks Simon.
UPG is applied when you enter a category below the one assigned to you by ZP and displayed on your profile.
You entered cat C when your profile had you listed as a B.

Thanks I didn’t realise I was given cat B, normally always cat C.
After the last KCL race ZP assigned me to B cat.
I went to my settings and changed it back to C, as that is where I typically race (3.2w/kg), anything above that and I am struggling to survive.
The B was still listed in my profile despite the manual change.
Today, I entered a race in my C cat, and did well... but still within the 3.2 limits. I am not listed in the results and have UPG next to my name.

Am I really going to be stuck racing in B's from now on (if I want results shown)?

Thanks.
Falkirk wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:55 am
I went to my settings and changed it back to C, as that is where I typically race (3.2w/kg), anything above that and I am struggling to survive.
Today, I entered a race in my C cat, and did well... but still within the 3.2 limits. I am not listed in the results and have UPG next to my name.

Am I really going to be stuck racing in B's from now on (if I want results shown)?

Thanks.
You can't downgrade your cat. It may appear that you can in your settings but it won't work for obvious reasons. Everyone would do it and completely undermine the credibility of the system.
Race organisers expect you to enter the category listed on your profile, so if it says B then that is the one to use should you wish to appear in results.
uclown2002 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:05 am
Falkirk wrote:

Thanks.
You can't downgrade your cat. It may appear that you can in your settings but it won't work for obvious reasons. Everyone would do it and completely undermine the credibility of the system.
Race organisers expect you to enter the category listed on your profile, so if it says B then that is the one to use should you wish to appear in results.
Well, that sucks. I mean, I understand the potential (and inevitable) abuse of it. But, certainly there should be some leeway for people that sit on that cusp.
Falkirk wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:15 am
uclown2002 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:05 am
Falkirk wrote:

Thanks.
Well, that sucks. I mean, I understand the potential (and inevitable) abuse of it. But, certainly there should be some leeway for people that sit on that cusp.
There already is. Instead of using a single best effort (95% of 20 mins) in 90 days we take an average of your 3 best efforts. As a result many are able to stay in the lower cat. There is no denying it is hard for those like yourself on the border but not everyone can be competitive in their assigned category. You will undoubtedly get stronger though in the higher cat if you apply yourself and find a way to hang with the stronger riders. We have all been in your shoes where we have upgraded and learned to adapt.
Use Apple Tv and the remote is the most infuriating one I've ever encountered, as a result I've ended up with another UPG because I enter D instead of C , Cant the system just pick up on this error and reclassify me its happened twice now , I'm a C borderline, but still a C I'm not looking to win [ If Idid I'd magically lose 10 kgs] just like to see my name in the results after what was a big effort after a 100k real ride with my team yesterday
Graham Weigh wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:53 pm
Use Apple Tv and the remote is the most infuriating one I've ever encountered, as a result I've ended up with another UPG because I enter D instead of C , Cant the system just pick up on this error and reclassify me its happened twice now , I'm a C borderline, but still a C I'm not looking to win [ If Idid I'd magically lose 10 kgs] just like to see my name in the results after what was a big effort after a 100k real ride with my team yesterday
The race organiser may be able to do it.

You can also enter events on the mobile companion app, the zwiftpower events page and the zwift events site if that is an option.
uclown2002 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:00 pm
Graham Weigh wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:53 pm
The race organiser may be able to do it.

You can also enter events on the mobile companion app, the zwiftpower events page and the zwift events site if that is an option.

Can I use my phone simultaneously using the swift app ? sorry if its a duffus question but I'm still learning the ropes