Hi apologies if this has been asked before.How do you get a category,do you need to race,if so is category taken from rides you have done i.e Tour de Zwift.I'm lost :roll:
Do I need to buy a turbo with power? or can I try racing with ZP.I gather that's virtual power.
Thanks for any help
flatute wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:36 pm
Hi apologies if this has been asked before.How do you get a category,do you need to race,if so is category taken from rides you have done i.e Tour de Zwift.I'm lost :roll:
Do I need to buy a turbo with power? or can I try racing with ZP.I gather that's virtual power.
Thanks for any help

Only races count for categorisation despite image indicating all events.

You have no races yet so you will get a category after your first race. After 2 (and 3) races it will use your average FTP (95% of 20 min)
As you race thereafter it will use the average of your best 3 efforts in the qualifying period.

You can race on zpower but you may be DQ'd depending on the race organisers's rules.
Ah right thank you.Can you be disqualified for being last though :lol:
So if I enter a race do I just enter and ride or do I have to pick category C or is it D
I appreciate the help
thanks
flatute wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:53 pm
Ah right thank you.Can you be disqualified for being last though :lol:
So if I enter a race do I just enter and ride or do I have to pick category C or is it D
I appreciate the help
thanks
You choose the category so pick one at an appropriate level for your first race. Divide your estimated FTP by your weight and use this to get started:-

Thank you
All that effort to get DQ.
I guess I will have to give it up as can't afford a power meter :cry:

Is it not possible to say before start that ZP won't be recognized/or it will which ever the case may be cheers
flatute wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:25 pm
All that effort to get DQ.
I guess I will have to give it up as can't afford a power meter :cry:

Is it not possible to say before start that ZP won't be recognized/or it will which ever the case may be cheers
It is often in a race description or organiser might link a set of rules in the description.

KISS rules for example:- HRM and power source (non ZPower) required in Cat A/A+, and podiums B and C.

3R ( I think) required in A/B and podiums in C.
Thanks Sticky,looks like I will have to buy a smart trainer.@ low end of market :shock:
Any Recommendations
flatute wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:31 pm
Thanks Sticky,looks like I will have to buy a smart trainer.@ low end of market :shock:
Any Recommendations
I've not shopped in the low end so I'm worst person to ask :-)