Hi all - I am looking to get a power meter for the first time. I thought the Garmin Vector 3S may be a good option to start out with. The power is only measured on one leg. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product? Also, I am wondering if anyone knows whether you can get ZADA approved with this type of power meter? Thanks so much.
gjl137@gmail.com wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:01 pm
Hi all - I am looking to get a power meter for the first time. I thought the Garmin Vector 3S may be a good option to start out with. The power is only measured on one leg. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product? Also, I am wondering if anyone knows whether you can get ZADA approved with this type of power meter? Thanks so much.
I've had a few power meters but would never get single-sided again. I'd push to get double sided if you can.

You could still get ZADA approval if your outdoor power is consistent with your inside power. They would however, also focus on your hill times outside and compare that with some others with known power and weight.
Thanks so much for the quick response. I didn't know that ZADA process required outdoor performance. I thought you could submit your indoor performance based on the power meter results. Interesting.
gjl137@gmail.com wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:45 pm
Thanks so much for the quick response. I didn't know that ZADA process required outdoor performance. I thought you could submit your indoor performance based on the power meter results. Interesting.
They normally insist on outside data, although they have been known to do a supervised indoor test.
You can ask the question directly on your personal ZADA thread.
Ok, thanks. Living on the Northeast makes it challenging to ride outside for much longer.
Hi all,

Earlier I ordered (via Kickstarter) the Zpider (2-leg) powermeter from https://teamzwatt.com/. Cost about half the amount a powermeter from Garmin or the like. I've been using it now for over a year.

Recently I ordered another crowdfunded powermeter (also 2 leg). I will arrive by the end of november: https://www.iqsquare.com/ Cost about the same as the Zpider with the advantage that you don't need possible accesories for the crank or front derailleur.

Main difference up-front is that the latter can be easily transferred to a different bike. Just remove pedals and remove or place the powermeters.

Kind regards,

Bart