Just completed the 3R 50KM NY and got a W/KG dq. I'm borderline Cat B.
Your rules state that --Riders whose 95% power places them two or more categories higher than the one entered will be given a "WKG" disqualification. 3.429w/kg was my 95%...surely I can get an auto-promotion to Cat B instead of an W/KG DQ???
Darren Green wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:08 pm
Just completed the 3R 50KM NY and got a W/KG dq. I'm borderline Cat B.
Your rules state that --Riders whose 95% power places them two or more categories higher than the one entered will be given a "WKG" disqualification. 3.429w/kg was my 95%...surely I can get an auto-promotion to Cat B instead of an W/KG DQ???
3R use ZwiftPower's WKG Category for race entry so those 'rules' you refer to are out of date. Those breaching cat boundaries do not get upgraded.

I can see you used your ZP Category (C) and you got a Cat upgrade (B) after the race. In the interests of fairness, there is an 'allowance' of 0.2 w/kg to go over cat limits if you enter an appropriate category. However, you were well over the Cat C limit of 3.19 w/kg based on 95% of 20 mins. You were also over the limit on your two previous events so I'd suggest you race in Cat B moving forward.
There is a MASSIVE difference. The races where I had a much higher w/kg were very short. This was a 50 KM race... :(
Darren Green wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:12 pm
There is a MASSIVE difference. The races where I had a much higher w/kg were very short. This was a 50 KM race... :(
It makes no difference; all races over 20 mins are used for categorization.
I rode in tonight’s 3R park perimeter loop flat race.
I entered B cat and just seconds before moved me to C cat.
I continue the race and got a top 10 followed with a DQ as we all started the same time and I had no barring on the C race results I think the DQ is a bit harsh. Can’t I just be moved to my appropriate cat?

Thanks
Keith Brown Team CLS
Browny71 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:35 pm
I rode in tonight’s 3R park perimeter loop flat race.
I entered B cat and just seconds before moved me to C cat.
I continue the race and got a top 10 followed with a DQ as we all started the same time and I had no barring on the C race results I think the DQ is a bit harsh. Can’t I just be moved to my appropriate cat?

Thanks
Keith Brown Team CLS
3R along with most race organisers DQs anyone who enters the wrong category.

Upgrading to the appropriate category does nothing to encourage those catting down to use their ZP WKG Category.

Are you saying you didn't intentionally enter Cat C and Zwift moved you?

You can ask 3R here though :- https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClubWorldBicycleRelief/