Not a big deal but curious.
I entered a WBR race yesterday (flat race 4 laps, 15:25 EST) in the D class.
My result has me listed as finishing 12th in the C class.
It would seem that I should have been 1st in the D class.
Like I said, not a big deal, just didn't seem correct.
After your 2.4 w/kg 95% power result in that race, the average of your best three races crossed the 2.5 w/kg threshold, making you a C rider by zwiftpower’s system. Congrats on the upgrade!
He actually entered Cat D despite his zwiftpower category being C before it started. That can be seen in the live tab. He'd only done 4 races in 30 days prior to that so it look data from a 90 day window.
cek wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:26 pm
After your 2.4 w/kg 95% power result in that race, the average of your best three races crossed the 2.5 w/kg threshold, making you a C rider by zwiftpower’s system. Congrats on the upgrade!
Thanks, I didn't know it used an average rating!
Thanks, Sticky -- misread the Live data and jumped to a conclusion. :)
I guess I really don't understand, I always finish with a 2.4w/kg or less.
So a one time finish with 2.6 in a 14km race will disqualify me from entering in the D category?
hanselja@aol.com wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:37 pm
I guess I really don't understand, I always finish with a 2.4w/kg or less.
So a one time finish with 2.6 in a 14km race will disqualify me from entering in the D category?

Your FTP is based on your 20 min race effort.
A similar thing happened to me. I didn't understand the intricacies of the Zwiftpower gradings, but I was actually quite chuffed to be upgraded to "C". Although I have gone from being a "D" winner to "C" cannon fodder, I really am quite pleased with myself. Last place in "C" is better than winning "D". No contest.

It's a well thought out system. I like it.
I was UPG disqualified again from D class. I finished with 2.3 w/kg.
If you look at others in that D race, previous races were well above 2.4 w/kg.
I know I'm not getting any faster at 60 yrs. old.
hanselja@aol.com wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:41 pm
I was UPG disqualified again from D class. I finished with 2.3 w/kg.
If you look at others in that D race, previous races were well above 2.4 w/kg.
I know I'm not getting any faster at 60 yrs. old.
Race organisers expect you to use (as a minimum) your category shown on your zwiftpower profile. You entered Cat D when prior to the event you were classified as Cat C; the live tab indicates that by the presence of a small Cat C icon in the left hand margin.

As it happens you are now classified as Cat D.

Look at the image on the main event's page for information on how it is calculated. Only races count towards categorisation though.