Hi!

Looks like a thorough rewriting of the classificstion system!

One Q: what exactly is meant by “A riders ranking going into every race is calculated from the average of their 5 best results in the past 3 months.”

Does this refer to the A/B/C/D cat determination based on power output rules?

As far as I understand, with the new system, there’s still no link between race performance and Categorisation, right?
Correct. The ranking is not used to categorise riders. It may at some point be used for edge case reclassification.

Right now rankings is simply an indication of your racing ability vs other riders.
Thanks for the response James.

Just to be hundred percent clear on this, so we can communicate this correctly within the team, I have one follow-up question regarding the averaging: what exactly does the statement “A riders ranking going into every race is calculated from the average of their 5 best results in the past 3 months.” refer to? Ie, what exactly is being averaged? And why?
The average of your best 5 race results, the number shown for each race on profile. This is simply the USAC system as explained on the FAQ.
Where can I find the racing points resulting from a race?
Mike Watson wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:11 pm
Where can I find the racing points resulting from a race?
If you have improved your ranking you will see the last 2 columns on the right populated on your profile.
Rank for the race and improvement are the 2 fields.
uclown2002 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:49 am
Mike Watson wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:11 pm
Where can I find the racing points resulting from a race?
If you have improved your ranking you will see the last 2 columns on the right populated on your profile.
Rank for the race and improvement are the 2 fields.
Ok. Got that. Thanks. But also, is there a way to look at particular set of race results, and see how the racing points were distributed for that race only?
Mike Watson wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 pm
uclown2002 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:49 am
Mike Watson wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:11 pm
Where can I find the racing points resulting from a race?
If you have improved your ranking you will see the last 2 columns on the right populated on your profile.
Rank for the race and improvement are the 2 fields.
Ok. Got that. Thanks. But also, is there a way to look at particular set of race results, and see how the racing points were distributed for that race only?
Not in the way I think you are suggesting.
uclown2002 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:41 pm
Mike Watson wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 pm
uclown2002 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:49 am


If you have improved your ranking you will see the last 2 columns on the right populated on your profile.
Rank for the race and improvement are the 2 fields.
Ok. Got that. Thanks. But also, is there a way to look at particular set of race results, and see how the racing points were distributed for that race only?
Not in the way I think you are suggesting.
Ok. Thanks for the answers.

How about this...you know the Zpoints page where I can see all of my segment and power contributions to my Zpoint total?....Is there a similar place to see my racing Zpoint contributions?
No; your profile page is what you have to work with for now.