I have seen users with a considerable discrepancy between weight in Strava and weight in ZwiftPower. I'm not saying that it is intentional cheating, but it could be. Since it would be harder to fool your mates on Strava that knows you well than strangers here on ZwiftPower, it could be an incentive to use the correct weight if such weight discrepancy had some kind of consequence to the user here on ZwiftPower.
Some weight difference should be allowed, but some action should be taken when the difference is more than e.g. 2-2,5%.

A similar rule could take effect if a user changed weight by x% in a short period of time that is not possible to physically achieve.

What do you think? Do you think it can have an effect?
I suppose that this could disclose some cheating, but if you're weight doping it wouldn't be to hard to do the same on Strava as Zwift.

To be honest I don't think I've updated my Strava profile in 5 years. The weight and ftp is quite likely to be a bit different to Zwift. Height should be the same though ☺
Since ZP is connected to Strava already, ZP should be able to read both weight and height from Strava. I agree that this won't prevent people from cheating, but it can make it a bit more troublesome.
OleKristianH wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 pm
I have seen users with a considerable discrepancy between weight in Strava and weight in ZwiftPower. I'm not saying that it is intentional cheating, but it could be. Since it would be harder to fool your mates on Strava that knows you well than strangers here on ZwiftPower, it could be an incentive to use the correct weight if such weight discrepancy had some kind of consequence to the user here on ZwiftPower.
Some weight difference should be allowed, but some action should be taken when the difference is more than e.g. 2-2,5%.

A similar rule could take effect if a user changed weight by x% in a short period of time that is not possible to physically achieve.

What do you think? Do you think it can have an effect?
Important to note that Strava especially those users who don't share power or dont have power meter.... need to add bike / equipment weight to "kinda sorta maybe eehhh" get an ok'ish estimated strava power
What is the real benefit of faking your weight? I thought heavier people were always faster on Zwift? Or is that myth only true when it suits people?

I’m a terrible Cat B racer according to Zwiftpower, yet in real life I cruise along blasting people off leaderboards on Strava and on the road.

I’m a fat bloke, in real life and on Zwift. It holds me back more on here than in real life.

95kg coming through baby!!! :lol: