Questions, banter and general discussion.
I got the "UPG" after my last 3R race in C...I didn't break out and here are the final numbers...I finished 4th by the way.

41:12
+01:45
3.11w/kg
174 avg bpm

This is about average for me...can anyone shed light on why I have to upgrade?
UPG is applied when a person enters a category below the one shown on their ZwiftPower profile which in your case is B.

Race organisers expect you to use your assigned ZP category for race entry.

There is an image on the main event's page showing how categories are calculated.
I don't think I was clear enough...I've been racing the C cat since the beta days and i think I've broken out, barely like 3.25 or 3.3, 5 times in about 80 races. I did a race last week with a new power meter which I'm sure wasn't calibrated properly and ended with a 3.7. I say that because this past race it was calibrated and I wasn't even close to 3.7 and dying while I was racing to end up with a 3.0ish

The majority of my races have ended up being right around 3.0w/kg or less. So with that in mind, I'm still not sure why I've been handed the upgrade request.
E. Burch wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:39 pm
I don't think I was clear enough...I've been racing the C cat since the beta days and i think I've broken out, barely like 3.25 or 3.3, 5 times in about 80 races. I did a race last week with a new power meter which I'm sure wasn't calibrated properly and ended with a 3.7. I say that because this past race it was calibrated and I wasn't even close to 3.7 and dying while I was racing to end up with a 3.0ish

The majority of my races have ended up being right around 3.0w/kg or less. So with that in mind, I'm still not sure why I've been handed the upgrade request.
ZP's code doesn't know if you have a new power meter or whether it is calibrated. it knows that you entered a category below the one on your profile though and applies the rules accordingly.

You have also compared 2 races with significant completion times. The first race was very short and therefore you could expect your FTP (95% of 20 mins) to be higher than normal. The second race took almost twice as long.

You may well get recategorized to C after your next race.

I would also let ZP know which race you entered with the improperly calibrated power meters. ZP can give you and ERROR DQ for those. This may eliminate them from improperly putting you into the wrong category. Even if it won't you should notify ZP so that the erroneous data is removed. No need to keep bad data around.
If you have ridden 3.2-3.3 five times, why don't you want to race in B?