Questions, banter and general discussion.
62 posts
you saying he is a cat 3 racer in real life?
That's Zwift. They are clearly aware people are cheating. They actually promote some of the biggest cheaters on the platform. Look at the top riders on the big climbs It's all false. Same with the races, you might as well just remove the top 25 guys in the rankings on this site. Look at what the real flesh a blood best pros in the world do on the zwift KOMs. That's real data. There are so many different ways to cheat; it's impossible to prove someone has their offset correct for the data they produced.
Just watched this Les Jeffs guy do the ZHR Contre La Montre Europe TT and "only" did 5.4wkg for 20 minutes HAHAHA! I swear to god it looked almost like he hit an electric motor going up any incline! 6.2wkg for 5 minutes and 15.7wkg for 15 seconds omg I'm crying laughing :lol: . No HRM of course.
BoBear09 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 pm
Just watched this Les Jeffs guy do the ZHR Contre La Montre Europe TT and "only" did 5.4wkg for 20 minutes HAHAHA! I swear to god it looked almost like he hit an electric motor going up any incline! 6.2wkg for 5 minutes and 15.7wkg for 15 seconds omg I'm crying laughing :lol: . No HRM of course.
Give the old man a break, he's apparently ~65 years old :D
Maybe I could put some feelers out there and see if any pro teams might need his services :roll: :D
Kevin Blades wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:11 pm
and what do we do about wheel on trainers vs direct drive its clear their is a massive difference between the two.
Could you explain the difference? Do you mean average accuracy?
direct drive trainer (neo, kickr, etc) give very accurate watts; wheel on trainers such as tacx vortex tend to over estimate a riders watts, from examples (a lot) that i have seen can be up to 10 to 20%. to add i know of riders using dumb trainers but using power meters, im not sure if these are flagged as zp or power; however a dumb trainer wont know if you have hit a gradient. it was pointed out to me that to simulate hills these riders just drop the gears lol
Kevin Blades wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:57 pm
direct drive trainer (neo, kickr, etc) give very accurate watts; wheel on trainers such as tacx vortex tend to over estimate a riders watts, from examples (a lot) that i have seen can be up to 10 to 20%. to add i know of riders using dumb trainers but using power meters, im not sure if these are flagged as zp or power; however a dumb trainer wont know if you have hit a gradient. it was pointed out to me that to simulate hills these riders just drop the gears lol
Dumb trainers with power meters are not zpower, it's basically the same as using a smart trainer and turning your trainer difficulty down to 0%. Many racers are doing this already as you can hold a solid power/cadence through the entire ride, it's a sad situation, especially with verification now going away.
Per the Zwift Insider............ :D

Trainer Difficulty allows you to scale the feel of the climbs from 0 to 100%. This won’t make you any faster or slower as it still takes the same amount of power (watts) to move your avatar (by default, Zwift treats the gradient as half of the true grade).
"It is important to understand that lowering or raising Trainer Difficulty does not change the power needed to get up the hill. You still have to put out the same cumulative watts to move the same distance as before… you’ll just be doing it in a different gear.
That said, a higher Trainer Difficulty will result in a higher VI due to more resistance fluctuation, which usually means your overall effort will feel more difficult. Because maintaining steady power is easier than doing intervals!

“Trainer Difficulty” really is a misleading name for the setting. Perhaps “Gradient Feel” or “Trainer Realism” would be better.
yep chris the trainer difficulty setting is very misunderstood, however if dumb trainer with power meters are being used then we all may as well give up!!