Questions, banter and general discussion.
Hello,

Just a quick query. I've changed my weight a couple of times on Zwift and Strava, but it's never moved on Zwift Power. Can anyone explain why that might be please? I assumed it would change when syncing with Strava, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least not for me.

Many thanks,
Nick
cznick wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:32 pm
Hello,

Just a quick query. I've changed my weight a couple of times on Zwift and Strava, but it's never moved on Zwift Power. Can anyone explain why that might be please? I assumed it would change when syncing with Strava, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least not for me.

Many thanks,
Nick
Your ZwiftPower weight is captured directly from Zwift.
Does changing height make a difference?
shanebesler@shaw.ca wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 pm
Why would anyone need to change their height?
I’ll take that as “you don’t know”. My question isn’t “why” would someone change their height, the question is does it make a difference or influence the outcome measures. For example, what if someone doesn’t enter a height or enters “zero” in their Zwift profile?
uclown2002 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:06 am
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 pm
Why would anyone need to change their height?
At one point I was Zwifting switching between two computers in different locations. One was set up in metric and one imperial. I ended up with a 2cm difference in height due to rounding errors.
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:18 am
I’ll take that as “you don’t know”. My question isn’t “why” would someone change their height, the question is does it make a difference or influence the outcome measures. For example, what if someone doesn’t enter a height or enters “zero” in their Zwift profile?
Yes, Eric Schlange did some testing a while back, a 6" height difference made a measurable difference to course time (taller=slower). Results were on his website, but it's some time since I've looked at them.
Thank you. I thought I had read something similar awhile back. I wonder if Zwift Power would be interested in post height like they do with weight on the results page, if it does effect the result like weight then I say it’s needed.
height is already available on the results page in zwift power you just need to activate it
I did not know that 👍. Can you explain how to activate it.