Questions, banter and general discussion.
According to the Events page blurb:
Riders are assigned a category from the last 90 days of racing data
However, it appears that categories are also being assigned to group rides, workouts and other non-race rides.
Should those rides be excluded from data when assigning the race category?

Or is that only for the 'Skills' rankings, which I confess to not having a clue how is calculated even after reading the FAQ.
My 'Skills' ranking is currently listed as 'B', which isn't remotely close to my level in any race at any time, let alone the past 90 days (I'm just barely C level).
WattsUp wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:57 am
According to the Events page blurb:
Riders are assigned a category from the last 90 days of racing data
However, it appears that categories are also being assigned to group rides, workouts and other non-race rides.
Should those rides be excluded from data when assigning the race category?

Or is that only for the 'Skills' rankings, which I confess to not having a clue how is calculated even after reading the FAQ.
My 'Skills' ranking is currently listed as 'B', which isn't remotely close to my level in any race at any time, let alone the past 90 days (I'm just barely C level).
Your designated category is the one listed next to your Skill points and ranking. You were assigned Cat B based on your performance here:-https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=69457 where your weight is clearly incorrect. I have removed that and some others with the incorrect weight which has reverted you back to Cat C. Please note we do not approve of account sharing for racing and will only entertain one request to have results removed.
Please allow me the following question. I got 4.0 watts / kg FTP and 4.2 watts total in the last race and still have category B. When do i get A? Thank you and best regards.
you need to hit FTP of 4.2 or FTP of 4.0 and 5 min power of 5wkg.
You can just upgrade yourself if you want to race as an A rider though :D

Edit, Should have added that the 4.0 FTP and 5 min 5.0wkg can be different races.
jamie woodward wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:18 pm
you need to hit FTP of 4.2 or FTP of 4.0 and 5 min power of 5wkg.
You can just upgrade yourself if you want to race as an A rider though :D

Edit, Should have added that the 4.0 FTP and 5 min 5.0wkg can be different races.
Yes but in last 90 days of racing.
Thanks for the information and best regards.
Hi Sticky, I have a similar issue to Scott above but it's not weight related.
I am classed as a C rider but I cannot seem to get near that.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=265463

I got UPG on last night's Deeside race but these rides are automatic upgrade, shouldn't it just have put me in group C instead of flagging me as UPG?
Guessing this is because of Zwiftpower ranking of C because I cannot get over 2.5 w/kg for love nor money at the moment, only 2.2 last night.

Does everything look OK with this?
What is it that decides I am ranked a C inside Zwiftpower?
Will I get this for every race I enter as a D?

Si.
gars11 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:03 pm
Hi Sticky, I have a similar issue to Scott above but it's not weight related.
I am classed as a C rider but I cannot seem to get near that.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=265463

I got UPG on last night's Deeside race but these rides are automatic upgrade, shouldn't it just have put me in group C instead of flagging me as UPG?
Guessing this is because of Zwiftpower ranking of C because I cannot get over 2.5 w/kg for love nor money at the moment, only 2.2 last night.

Does everything look OK with this?
What is it that decides I am ranked a C inside Zwiftpower?
Will I get this for every race I enter as a D?

Si.

You do not have 5 races in 30 days so it looks at 90 days of data.

At first glance it looks like your best 3 FTPs (95% of 20 mins) in 90 days is just over the limit of 2.5 w/kg. I've not calculated exactly because the code has never been incorrect so you can assume it is correct here too. Do a few more races and it will use 30 days of data which may reclassify you.
Ah OK I will do that thanks.
So regardless of the race rules, if I enter a race as a D when Zwiftpower has me as a C, then I will get this UPG issue?

Thanks bud.
gars11 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:29 pm
Ah OK I will do that thanks.
So regardless of the race rules, if I enter a race as a D when Zwiftpower has me as a C, then I will get this UPG issue?

Thanks bud.
In most races yes. Some will push you into higher category.