Questions, banter and general discussion.
286 posts
S.ticky wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:57 pm
Niki H wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:53 pm
Hey there,

After I crashed with my Inpower Rotor PM it seems I got some calibration issues. I did a 20min all out effort in a race after I newly calibrated the PM and I guess there was some overreading. The test affected my 20min best power, so it would be fair to remove it. Some weeks ago I got new Favero Assioma pedals and im sure power is accurate for now and the future. Sorry for that. I am very keen to race fair and with an accurate power source.

It affects this race:
4/12/19 3R Watopia Flat Reverse Race - 2 Laps (20.5km/12.7mi 108m)

Thank you!

Niki
Thanks Niki; all sorted. Profile power data will adjust shortly.
Damn you are fast! Thanks.
Hi there
... following reclassification as a Cat C rider due, I imagine, to one anomalous power result on 3/25/19 I am struggling to finish events ... I can manage 30mins or so then my ageing legs give up the ghost and the Cat C train thunders on without me. Any chance of a reclassification to Cat D?
Many thanks
Steve Wilson
steve1952 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm
Hi there
... following reclassification as a Cat C rider due, I imagine, to one anomalous power result on 3/25/19 I am struggling to finish events ... I can manage 30mins or so then my ageing legs give up the ghost and the Cat C train thunders on without me. Any chance of a reclassification to Cat D?
Many thanks
Steve Wilson
https://zwiftpower.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4942

It's an automated process based on 90 days racing data.

We can remove races in the event of a clear calibration issue which does not apply in your case.

Regardless, even removing that race you refer to still keeps you in Cat C.

Ensure you follow the manufacturer's instructions for calibration and do it regularly if you think it could be an issue.
Thanks for speedy (if diasappointing ;-)) response...
James Hodges wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 pm
Our admins can now apply a trainer upgrade date to remove past data from your category calculation.

Individual results can also be marked "ERROR" where the user had calibration issues or shared their account.

Please note we do not approve of account sharing for racing and will only entertain one request to have results removed.
Please delete following event do to power meter issue. Thanks
https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=53646
jbt8 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 pm
James Hodges wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 pm
Our admins can now apply a trainer upgrade date to remove past data from your category calculation.

Individual results can also be marked "ERROR" where the user had calibration issues or shared their account.

Please note we do not approve of account sharing for racing and will only entertain one request to have results removed.
Please delete following event do to power meter issue. Thanks
https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=53646
Done.
Has anyone had issues with Zwift showing a much higher AVG power than Strava and training peaks? I uploaded my race file and it shows 20 watts higher on Zwift which has voided my result, as it was outside of my cat.

The Zwift power is certainly too high as it's above my FTP
Matthew Beaumont wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:08 am
Has anyone had issues with Zwift showing a much higher AVG power than Strava and training peaks? I uploaded my race file and it shows 20 watts higher on Zwift which has voided my result, as it was outside of my cat.

The Zwift power is certainly too high as it's above my FTP
You need to provide an example.

The file uploaded to strava will include any cool down so average power will differ from from the one in zwift results and therefore the one posted on ZwiftPower.

BTW you entered Cat C when your ZP WKG is B. You would not have been DQ'd if you had entered correct category.
Hi

I upgraded from a Vortex to a Kickr Core on 30th April. This has confirmed what I had suspected; that the Vortex was overestimating my power.

Is it possible to disregard any results prior to that date in terms of category/ranking?

Thanks
Sd_trout@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:35 am
Hi

I upgraded from a Vortex to a Kickr Core on 30th April. This has confirmed what I had suspected; that the Vortex was overestimating my power.

Is it possible to disregard any results prior to that date in terms of category/ranking?

Thanks
Done.